Education (EVE) Program
Follows a Swiss-based Vocational Training Curriculum
1. EVE Program
Enterprise-Based Vocational Education (EVE) is a core strategic training and development goal at Chip Mong Insee Cement Corporation. Our EVE program follows a Swiss-based vocational training curriculum and was implemented in 2016 after having been adapted in cooperation with National Polytechnic Institute of Cambodia (NPIC). This world-class program aims to provide opportunities to the high school graduates of our local community to pursue a higher education. It also enables us to develop CMIC’s professional manpower in all fields, from cement and electrical maintenance to operations and quality-assurance chemistry.
12 EVE students are selected each year. The selection process includes written examinations, interviews and home visits. Successful candidates receive three years of full-time training, as well as a monthly training allowance, uniforms and other study-related materials. The EVE training methodology involves workshop modules, on-the-job training and classroom activities. The students’ competencies are evaluated at the end of the program, with successful participants graduating with a Higher Diploma in Industrial Facilities, as well as a Cement Professional Technician Certificate accredited by the Ministry of Labor and Vocational Training. Click here to see program description
Enterprise-based Vocational Education
The student demonstrates an ability to work independently and in a small team.
Study a piece of equipment in its entirety.
Make a well-structured & informative technical document in English, including a maximum summary of six pages.
Deliver a well-organised & informative technical presentation.
The student-team, comprising of two or three members, must select a piece of equipment, register their team and chosen equipment with the teacher and prepare a document and presentation which cover the following:
1. The technical process of the equipment.
2. The technical data of the equipment.
3. The materials used for the construction of the equipment, as well as why those materials were selected.
4. Operational tasks and parameters.
5. The performance of the equipment in the plant.
6. Problems encountered during the past year and solutions developed.
7. General problems with the equipment.
8. Maintenance details:
i. Periodic, operational maintenance
ii. Shut-down maintenance
iii. Break-down maintenance
iv. Preventative maintenance
9. Environmental impact and opportunities.
10. Safety hazards and how accidents are prevented.
• The document must be prepared in MS-Word and MS-Excel and contain approximately 10 pages in English, plus attachments.
• The presentation must be no longer than 30 minutes. PowerPoint slides are to be limited to 10 slides. There is no limit for the use of a flip-chart.
• After the presentation, the student-team will face 20 minutes of questioning by a panel of experts.
• 2 or 3 students work together in a team.
• The student-team has until the 2nd week of the 4th semester to register with the teachers.
• Students can ask for special sessions in cost-calculations or conduct brainstorming sessions with other students.
• After two months, the students must make their initial presentation in the classroom to their colleagues and teachers and take questions.
• One month before the end of the 4th semester, students are invited to a test-presentation in front of the panel of experts. Students must submit the final edition of their document one week before the presentation.
• Immediately after the presentation, the experts will judge both the document and the presentation.
Equipment study for EVE-1 students in 4th semester
Duration: 14 May 2018 to 24 Aug 2018
|1||Rotary Kiln||461 – KL1||SIM RACHANA||KUM CHITRA|
|2||Preheater||441 – PH1||CHEK SOSOUR||KOU CHANDARA|
|3||Cement Mill||561 – RM1||CHHEM KUNTHEAPIDOR||YON CHANDARA|
|4||Raw Mill||361 – RM1||NEAK THONA||TRY PANHA|
|5||Clinker Cooler||471 – CQ1||TIN VUTHY||YAN SORPHORN|
|6||Coal Mill||L61 – RM1||KIEM SARIT||NEAK TOEUN|
|On the Job Training|
|Hydraulic Module Room|
|Electrical-Computer Module Room|
|TWS (Training WorkShop)|
4. EVE Organizational Chart
5. EVE Student Profile
EVE Student Batch 1
EVE Student Batch 2
For more information about EVE Student Profile, you can access to it here.
6. EVE Student Activities
Touk Meas high school- Installing fans & Lamps
7. EVE Programe Scholarship Application
Scholarship Application for Higher Diploma in Industrial Facilities:
In 2016, Chip Mong Insee Cement Corporation (CMIC) became the first and only company in Cambodia to set up and implementing a world-class Enterprise-based Vocational Education training program. “EVE” aims to train local high school graduates from around CMIC’s Touk Meas Plant to become professional technicians in operations and maintenance for heavy industry.
Based on an EVE curriculum developed in Switzerland and adapted for Cambodia with the help of the National Polytechnic Institute of Cambodia (NPIC), CMIC’s EVE students gain three years of full-time training at the Touk Meas Plant, graduating with a Higher Diploma in Industrial Facilities, accredited by the NPIC and a Cement Processes Technician Certificate from CMIC.
1. Full 3 years- school fee
2. Monthly training allowance
3. Student uniforms
4. Necessary study materials
1. Successful high school graduate
2. Age from 16 to 20 years old
3. Live around CMIC Touk Meas Cement Plant
4. Pass entrance exam, interview and home visit
1. Application Period: 11th July till 10th August, 2018
2. Examination Date: 28th August, 2018
3. Examination Venue: Touk Meas High School
4. 1st round result announced: 3rd September, 2018
5. Interviewing and home visit
6. Final result announced: 14th September, 2018
How to apply:
1. Submit the application at your high school
2. Check your name at Touk Meas High School on 24th August, 2018
Information Contact Mr. Hang Samnang, Teacher, Tel: 017 35 68 65 & 096 810 800 9
Mr. Am Rath, Teacher, Tel: 070 76 76 25 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website: www.chipmonginsee.com Facebook: Chip Mong Insee Cement Corporation